Monday, July 1st marked the halfway point in 2013. It was another milestone for the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative as the end or our last “public” year approaches.
With six months to go, is your glass half full? Or half empty?
- The July auction is in full swing right now. Another 27 wonderful quilts await your bids.
- There are more than 2,000 quilts on the Quilts For Sale page. I just uploaded about 75 new ones this morning. They’re all priced and ready for new homes. Your home?
- Quilting celebrities are sewing quilts for the November online auction right now. Linda Carlson and Pat Holly have already finished their quilts. (Click each image to see a larger picture.)
- There are 28 more days to register your Priority: Alzheimer’s Quilts before the August 1st deadline.
- There’s an excellent chance that we will reach our 15,000th donated quilt within the week!
- Two more venues will be hosting “Alzheimer’s Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope.” You can see the exhibit (and volunteer to white glove it) at the Round Bobbin Quilt Expo in St Charles, MO on September 20 and 21 and at Siouxland Samplers Quit Guild Show in Sioux City, IA on September 28 and 29. (I’ll be attending the last show.)
- Two more research facilities will be receiving grant money from the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative this month. We are still accepting grant applications and will award the final grants early in 2014.
- It’s almost time to make the quilt tags in preparation for shipping more than 2,000 quilts to International Quilt Festival in Houston. I’ll be putting out a call for volunteers to help staff our mega-booth very soon. Watch this space.
I don’t know about you, but I’m busier than ever! My cup feels way more than half full! We have six months to reach our $1 million goal. Join us as we race to the finish!
Founder & Executive Director
Alzheimer’s Art Quit Initiative