M0re than 2,000 quilts are tagged, bagged, and on their way to Houston! Are you attending International Quilt Festival? If so, we need you to help staff our booth (Row S, up at the front of the hall.)
You will be passing out flyers, roping people into the booth, and hawking quilts. You must be able to talk to strangers—lots of them— and let your happy and caring disposition shine through. Wallflowers need not apply. This is ACTIVE engagement and you’ll be exhausted after your shift is over. We’ll give you on-the-job training, breath mints, and free admission for the day(s) you work (full time slots only). Plus you’ll get the stuffin’ hugged out of you for taking the time to help us. We love our volunteers!
Here are the requirements:
1. You must be able to stand/walk/roll for the entire time slot. There are no jobs that can be done in a stationary seated position. (Short breaks are OK.)
2. We’re counting on you for the time you sign up. If you can’t make it, find a substitute.
3. We have minimal storage. We can put your purse/tote bag “in the back” but not much else.
4. You must be 18 years old or older.
We need YOU! Sign up here for as many time slots as you care to volunteer.
Click “Show all 17 options” and use the scroll bar to see all the way to Sunday. Please check to see if we already have our 5 volunteers before you add your name to that time slot. Use your FULL NAME as that’s the name we turn in to IQF so you get your free pass.
If you have time to help, but not in such big blocks of time, please join our Text Brigade. Volunteers on our Text Brigade help at heavy traffic times, in case of emergency, or when one of the regulars needs a break.
To get on the list, email AmiSimms@aol.com with:
1. Your first and last name
2. Your cell phone number (including area code)
3. The times and days you are available (specify morning, afternoon, evening)
You must have a mobile phone, a texting plan, and agree to come running if you get the text and you’re available. Row S, at the front of the Exhibit Hall.
International Quilt Festival 2012 will be our biggest show ever. We have more quilts, a much larger booth, and hopefully YOU!
Thank you for volunteering and tell your friends!
Founder & Executive Director
Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative